Happy Sunday everyone! Â I have a cute little token box to share with you. Â I made this to fit a tiny album inside, but haven’t done the album yet. Â I might just use it for storing goodiesÂ in since the pages are super small! Â I got this wooden box from Michaels and it came unfinished. Â I first put a coat of gesso all over the box. Â I then traced out the sides, and top with the patterned paper I had chosen. Â I painted the inside with acrylic paint and used some molding paste to give it some dimension. Â After everything was dry I glued down the paper and did some fussy-cutting of some of the images. You can see those on the sides of the box, along with the “gorgeous” on the top. Â I also used one of the flowers I cut out from the paper on the knob and covered it with glossy accents. Â I then just started attaching my embellishments.
Â I’ll have a list of the supplies I used in case you’re interested in doing your own. Â I think it turned out cute and has a girly feel to it . Â Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions!
- Unfinished wooden box
- Scissors – a small detailed pair will help if you do a lot of fussy-cutting
- Gesso – I like Liquitex but any brand will do
- Glue – I used Golden Matt Medium but any strong glue will work
- Acrylic paints – I used brown, gold & yellow
- Paper is from The Whimsy Stack by DCWV
- Glossy Accents for the flower
- Stick Pin – mine is from Heidi Grace
- Martha Stewart butterfly punch
- Tulle – I sprayed it with glimmer mist and made a flower shape
- Pearl for the center of the flower